Sunday 28 December 2014

Hope, Pray, Faith (Poem dedicated to Nirbhaya)



“I closed my eyes and found myself in heavens,
Away from a cruel world, now I am falling here

This is safer and more secured,
I’ve been an angel and staying near the lord

Now I am the part of his family,
Where no one is jealous of my beauty

I am free and I am careless,
This place is full of kindness

I can run here and there,
I sing a song that makes me brave

My tears have been wiped up,
I am once again growing up

Oh there is no one here to stop
There is no one here to be the boss

I am more independent,
And I am no more dependent

Now look at me I am smiling anyway,
‘Cause you people pray for me everyday

But there is something that pains in my heart,
As my poor parents have forgot to laugh

I promised them to come back very soon,
But I succumbed to my wounds

The scars I got, I never forget,
The ‘promise’ I made them, I’ll always regret

Nothing is changed even with the revolution,
My sisters are dying and being a ‘thing’ of ‘celebration’

How many brave ‘Nirbhayas’ in this country will be lost?
Who will melt the people’s hearts those are under deep frost?"

No comments:

Post a Comment