Saturday 8 February 2014

Women who work hard.

                This day might be the good one as Kally said, with family and friends. Jaydeep met me in the evening & later Pintu, with whom I had lot of fun at the Shanti Nagar, a favorite spot for people to hang around in weekends. But the most emotional moment took place early morning when a woman came home. She was a vegetable vendor who came from Dharampur. Dharampur is the locality which is situated about 35 kms away from Valsad where fresh vegetables are grown by farmers and poor people because it is their main profession. Apart from that, Dharampur is one of the most popular hill station and having a huge temple of Barumal adjacent to the beautiful river Auranga where lots of devotees arrive every day. A newly married couple never misses to visit this place. It is a big blesses to start their married life. Dharampur is also developed by Shri Kishanbhai Patel, a congress MP and the most popular human being around his constituency.

                Today, a woman who is in same profession came to our home with heavy basket of vegetables on her head to sell vegetables. My mother didn’t want to buy but didn’t deny her. There were Brinjals, Ladies Fingers, a type of Bhaji and coriander.  My mother bought baby brinjals (called “Ravaiya” in Gujarati) because it is my favorite. The lady gave at least 15 fresh baby brinjals for which she charged only 3 Rs. Can you believe? She was so innocent! She doesn't know how to charge! She came from 35 kms long to sell here by only walking having huge basket full of vegetables, no matter what season is there! These women are hard working and always have a smile on their faces. This makes me really feel proud a lot. For their family, they completely sacrifice themselves. My mother not only bought them but also she bought all Ladies Fingers from her which she had and some coriander. The total cost reached to 30 Rs. There were so many vegetables! In comparisons of the vegetables is done with the veg. which we buy with my maternal uncle in Bhayander Navghar Veg. market, its cost will definitely reach above 100!
               

                Just now, I had those baby brinjals in my dinner. They were so tasty! I was so happy. I thought that lady gave us them cheap but the cheaper they were, the tastier they are! I have told my mother, if I will find that lady, I will give her 50 Rs more. I hope I will find her again someday! She deserves it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment