Thursday 2 January 2014

My experience with truth.



                A city where even an unknown becomes your best friend, Mumbai has given me large group of friends. When I started my journey here, I got huge circle of Gujaratis in evening local from Churchgate. Most of them are elders. While in the morning local, there are all young ones around. Not Gujaratis, but they are Rajasthanis & Bengalis. It has been 8 months since when I am traveling with them, yet I do not know their names! But our relationship is so strong that we even hug each other when we meet outside the local train co- incidentally.

                In morning local, there is a Muslim uncle, who catches moving local and keeps a window seat for me. He is Gujarati but I don’t even know his name. We talk with each other by raising hands! Couples of young guys are Pradeep & Kamal who work with STAR India Pvt Ltd in Parel. Pradip owns Samsung Galaxy Mega, keeps himself busy playing in Temple Run (He’s the guy who showed me that stupid question of pouring lemon juice in vagina to avoid pregnancy and I laughed out madly). His typical habit is to popping out his tongue when there is too hot in local and fan isn’t working. Kamal is very slim and I often offer him to sit in my lap till Andheri.  In the evening, our group has been demolished after the diamond units transferred to the BKC and all the Gujaratis shifted there from Charni Road sea face building. Although they are having toughest journey right now, we meet them occasionally. Only two brothers left with us in the evening. Hiteshbhai & Sanjaybhai who live in Mira Road. To me, both of them are just like a father as they are elder to me and they make me smile a lot. There is pretty close relationship between the brother duos. At first sight, you can never judge them as brothers. They are quite freely and even discuss all matters with each other when they are alone. There is no sign of disputes between them, too. Therefore all the other commuters who travel with us respect them truly. They both make fun and make me laugh a lot and therefore I like the duo brothers very much.

                Something was happened couple of weeks ago. It was Monday and as usual we caught local from Churchgate. As I was tired, I slept from Mumbai Central. Hiteshbhai even said, “Chintan slept today.” Train just left the platform and he received call from his wife about his father who fell on ground and not breathing. It was normal to him as his father was already ill and asked his wife to call doctor for check up. His doctor arrived there and declared him dead. In Bandra his wife called again and told him what doctor said. He told his wife not to worry for him as she was alone at home and scared. He suggested calling another Gujarati doctor to consult. Meanwhile he told his brother about the incident. Bandra to Andheri, the local was running as slow as an ant on fast track. As soon as Andheri arrived, he got another confirmation that his father was dead due to heart attack and there was nothing left. Hiteshbhai informed brother and he started calling the close relatives to inform. As he had lost his father I was worried if he would break down. He was calling his relatives and I saw his hand was trembling. Sanjaybhai was not speaking single word until they got down in Mira road. Hiteshbhai was still having a light smile on his face while talking to us. He told us that He would not be satisfied until He would see him with his own eyes. Losing a father is not a normal thing. Although his father was ill, but remained stronger till the last day. He died on Monday. On Saturday Hiteshbhai told him to go out Nashik for a tour. Then his father said, “I am leaving you all within two days.” No wonder Hiteshbhai took it as a prank, it went true. The local was still running slowly and the patience of both brothers was on examination. They both left us in Mira Road.
               
                We went to pray for their dad on the next day. Our group of local went Mira Road and headed towards his home. Soon they joined their duties too. Couple of days ago, Hiteshbhai has come. It was 31st and he was alone. I was standing in local and he offered me seat in his lap. Although I denied, he pulled me by my hand and made me sit there. He hugged me and put his head on my shoulder. It was an emotional moment but I controlled myself. Hiteshbhai is someone who calls me loudly in the busiest station of Churchgate, he hugs me often and he wishes me every time for the most beautiful girl who would came in my life very soon and fill my life with happiness. My well wisher lost his dad and instead of living in pain, he remains happy as he knows we are humans and one day we all have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment