Monday 9 February 2015

An Ideal Boss.

Several years I have spent in many organizations. I worked in Govt. sectors (obviously on contract bases), in a manufacturing unit, in couple of CA’s office, in a construction firm in the Capital of India, with an electrical contractor and finally I have been working with a publishing firm in Mumbai (actually working at my dream place with a dream organization but with different designation). As I changed several jobs, I have found many types of bosses and experienced various things.

How should a boss be like? Hmmm.. Yeah, very tough to answer but we always desire to have a good boss, don’t we? In my years of service, I was directly involved with my boss with my last job. Everything was going well with him. He was a good human being from South India and so he would often visit his coconut farms there in Mangalore and involved in that business. His son took charge of the office and all went wrong for me. When I resigned, my boss not even considered my resignation but I have got opportunity to work in bigger firm and the dream job I was waiting for. When it was my last working day at that office, my boss told me, “I have lost a very talented boy.” (And I was amazed; he couldn't find any talent during my working days and last day suddenly I became talented! So strange!) And then I came to JAICO PUBLISHING HOUSE. Four interviews were conducted here and I got call after almost one & half month later finishing all rounds. I was interacted with my boss in the last session of my interview Mr Ashwin Shah.

WhatApp DP of Ashwinbhai
This blog is all about Mr Ashwin Shah, who is my boss and I have found the most impressive amongst all I have worked under the previous ones. There are so many things to describe him but I don’t know how I should do. But let it be simple and sweet. When I saw him for the first time, I knew that I was about to have a good time in this organization. I call him ‘Ashwinbhai’ instead of ‘Sir’ (When I am personally interacting with him, I use only ‘Sir” while addressing him. He has always). He has completed 70 years and he still looks young (even younger than me for sure). I may get tired but he never does. There is brightness on his face that shines his personality. He becomes even more impressive with a light smile he always keeps on his face. With trimmed beard & executive wardrobes he ends up himself with a complete gentleman. I have yet never found a person like Ashwinbhai in any organization ever. He is not only a mentor but also a good friend. I’ve interacted with him several times during my service in the organization but I have always found him discussing the things very gently. He has never felt proud of the things around him. He is more a successful human being and a well known personality all over the world but he is as simple as he is. From walking on live coals in BKC Bandra to attending a late night book launch at the ITC, he has always inspired me to be young and energetic, no matter how old you are. I would like to dedicate few lines for him as I end my blog here…

“There is no limit in this huge sky
This is the way how life passes by

We sometimes fall and we rise
But we always do what is right

From darkness we come out
& we feel that brightness all around
Success is always hard to earn
& to digest it, is even harder to learn

Man often starts to fly in the high sky
Watches below on earth & forgets the past

But he is different amongst all
He never feels that anyone is small

He treats everyone equally
& he even talks very gently

His personality speaks the truth
In all the ways he is good

I wish he remains young forever
& we all stay here together

He keeps rising like a skyscraper
& I wish he takes JAICO even higher”



No comments:

Post a Comment