Monday 23 February 2015

I am not amongst them. A message to all women who think negative for all men.


Enough is enough! Now I think women have to change their minds about men. I have been following many activities on social networks and blogging sites where women are vomiting poison against men. This is a similar act, like a person from a minority community is considered a terrorist. Not every man you see is a stalker or rapist. Women will have to think and speak wisely. I have also been following the reports in Mumbai Mirror. In most of the cases of gang rapes, rapes, molestation or acid attacks, there are people close to victim women, are involved. Like an example if you take case of Priti Rathi (I have written couple of blogs for this girl) who died in an acid attack at Bandra Terminus, GRP police tried too hard to nab the attacker but they couldn’t get him. Finally, after a long wait, they nabbed the man from New Delhi. He was her neighbor who killed Priti to take revenge for getting a better job & for disapproving his marriage proposal.

Even I am following the cases of Delhi gang rapes. Especially in Delhi, it has been a fashion to rape women in a moving car. Leaving the case of Nirbhaya, I have also found many women who became victims; accused knew them very well. People also objected NIrbhaya for roaming late night in streets of Delhi. What was she doing? With whom did she go? Arre…. She has right to roam anytime, anywhere in this country. This is why we celebrate an independence day. And if she cannot go outside home, we have no right to celebrate 15th August. I have been following cases of little girls being the victim of rape. In many of these cases, either their relatives or neighbors are involved. I am sure that these things are never going to stop ever until strict law is not formed for molestation, acid attacks, rapes & gang rapes. People will keep gathering after an incident, they will light some candles, they will protest against the government and they will go and sleep at their homes. No one is either interested in the pain of victim or her family members. When the next day they will find similar incident in news paper or news channel, they will definitely say, “Arre yaar. Ab yeh to roj ka natak hai…” & they’ll either change channel or turn a page. What happened to the parents of Nirbhaya? With last update I have on her second death anniversary, I have known that they are still waiting for the justice. Ok… Waiting for justice in India is even bigger crime than to commit a crime. Am I right? I am…

Several videos going viral on the internet and WhatsApp how women trying to aware men, how the way men see them, how to protect them, how men think about women to sleep with them blah blah… But I don’tnow why they are clarifying such things publically? I mean take the period of 80 & 90’s. Were you not living so independently? There were less numbers of rapes, molestations and gang rapes. But nobody had to come in public and explain that men shouldn’t do it. But why are you coming today on stage? And by setting up an example of a rape victim, revealing her name on stage, you are not only insulting the victim but also entire female society. As a man I believe it’s my prior duty is to protect women. It doesn’t mean I keep on staring women everywhere. No one wants to be the hero nowadays but when there is a need to be a hero, there should be a real hero in every one. Those men who have always stood with women will never need any explanation from them. Because they know the value of a woman, they must have good family; they belong to a good society. Are women not responsible for such situation in our country? I strongly agree. When Vrushali Joshi, a woman public prosecutor sentenced five men for raping a photojournalist in Shakti Mill gang rape Mumbai, told the mothers of the accused about their son’s cruelty. If the son is absconding till late night, it is the duty of parents to ask him. But they don’t. If a son is raping a woman, parents would come first to save him. If a son is stalking, molesting and behaving inappropriately with society’s women, instead of opposing him, parents would often support him. And here how they are encouraged. Here how they’re inspired and here how they start committing crime and here is how a rapist is born. Small steps which are ignored leads to commit a huge crime ladder. I am not against women or against their clothes or against their using of mobile but I am against their views which have to be changed. We are ‘men’ and we are not ‘rapists’. I am also a Delhite and I have also been rejected by a multinational company in Gujarat in an interview. They had a problem with me for being a Delhite. They clearly mentioned that they had too many female staff and appointing me in their company, there would be a major threat to their female staff. “Delhi have ‘rapists’”. 

But I am not a rapist...

No comments:

Post a Comment