Thursday 2 April 2015

Farewell Balasaheb!

The rule of the world is to move on with the conditions in our lives which keep changing every time. People will come and go from time to time but they will leave such effect on us. They help us, they make us laugh and they make us joyful, especially when you are working in a new office and there are all new faces around you. Soon you start knowing people very well, their hearts, their characteristics and their unconditional love towards yourself as a family. Yes, to work in an organization means you have to work as a family. And therefore every day, your love and respect towards every employee increases. We create a family. But you know how in practical life, when we lose a family member, we usually get upset. Same thing happens with an organization too.

Mr Balakrshnan Khopre, better known as Bala (& Balasaheb addressed by me) worked last in our organization on this 31st March 2015. I learned that he spent 40 years in JAICO in accounts department and contributed his role in major activities. 40 years are hard to describe in one blog because when I saw Sachin Tendulkar retiring at age of 40 from international cricket contributing 24 years of his life, I just ask myself, “Are  you even be able to spend that much time with a single or multiple organizations doing just same work?” Well it was very tough question and I just answered myself, “For now, you must continue where you are doing & what you are doing.”  On hearing that Balasaheb spent 40 years in single organization, I was almost surprised and forgot Sachin Tendulkar! I have known Balasaheb for only 2 year, and one of the reasons why I have known him well because he seated exactly beside me. What made us good friend? His character and my presence of mind, I have many of moments to remember with Balasaheb. From buying his favorite Britannia Good Day Cashew biscuits to attending his son’s marriage function in Bhayandar east. It was a leave on that particular day when his son got married and usually I never attend marriage functions. But what Balasaheb said while giving an invitation angrily,

Tumko to aana hi hai…

Bala
This wasn’t the reason which forced me to attend a marriage function but our relationship that took me there. We always had fun here in office. I have also suffered through his anger but he never stopped smiling. He kept himself too busy in his job yet he never forgot to share his feelings with me. He never involved in office politics, he never complained about any other staff, he never complained about any situation. He was aggressive yet gentle. He not only shared his professional life but also shared his personal life too. One of them was so painful that almost brought tears in my eyes. He has often scolded me for some of my decisions too. Mumbai city never stops because people like Balasaheb never stop. Even at the age of retiring, he remained in full action mode, he traveled long, despite of a father’s death, his capability to work never decreased. I have realized that a person like Balasaheb is a living example of the formulae that indicates…

Hard work + Dedication = Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment