Friday 3 April 2015

Feminism doesn't mean you should hate men.


I have been her fan ever since I watched her in Delhi 6 with Abhishek Bachchan. I fell in love of her cuteness, especially one of the songs from that movie I always hear is “Masakali” and I must not forget “Sasural Genda Phool”. Although I have never seen this movie but I loved expressions of Sonam Kapoor. At some times I also criticized the actor when she shot for a magazine in bikini and she was looking too bad in those. Not only I but also many of her fan following criticized her. People have loved Sonam Kapoor because of her simplicity and cuteness. With Imraan Khan in “I hate Love Stories”, Sonam has made a perfect Jodi. Songs of that movie are my favorite ones. “Bahara Bahara” is one of my favorite songs of all times. But she worked too hard on her body shape and today when she is seen in bikini, people appreciate.
Jacqueline shared selfie with Sonam in Kokilaben Ambani hospital
But I never knew that behind a beautiful face, there is an intelligent mind, too. Being a star daughter, she has never felt proud of herself. Recently she suffered from a life threatening disease “Swine Flu”. When the news broke out about Sonam, I was too nervous about her and prayed for her. Not because of her stardom but I always see her as a person who is gentler than anybody else. Selfie with Jacqueline Fernandez indicated how she was recovering at Kokilaben Ambani hospital in Mumbai. She is still on a recovery but she is using her mind in tremendous way. She has slammed Deepika Padukone about her recent video My Choice. I believe this is the second time she slammed Deepika. Firstly, she taunted her when Deepika gave bold statement regarding breasts after TOI published an article about her. I stood with Deepika then but now I would never ever like to support her anymore. The way how Deepika went in depression and came back to normal life is a personal matter and I too appreciate but woman like Deepika wants more independence which I cannot digest. The way how she talks about outside marriage sex is completely illogical thing.
Replying to the recent controversy, Sonam Kapoor has slammed Deepika and I was eagerly waiting for this moment. She told to one of the most read daily news papers, “Girls can really explore their capabilities when they are allowed to study. Elitist women have always had wrong ideas about feminism. They think male-bashing... hating men...makes you a true feminist. I don't have to make a video to voice my opinions. My actions have always spoken louder than my words. I'm proud to be a woman and I respect my independence. I'm never afraid to give my opinion on any matter. That's what feminism is about.” Further she added about the controversy, “Women may be physically weaker than men but emotionally they are stronger. My family has never made me feel like a lesser person because I am a woman. But when I entered the film industry I saw how a hero was treated and how a heroine. There is a glaring difference. So where is the equality?

No comments:

Post a Comment