Friday 30 August 2013

Different women in our society.

I came in contact with two different women when I came to Mumbai. One was my colleague and a very senior employee. With typical nature of seniority, she was having lot of attitude. I preferred to stay away from her and also had messed up with her on many occasions. Reading molestation and sexual harassment to little girls, once she told me,”Chintan, I am very much upset for my daughter as I have to put her at mother’s home and come to office. These incidents make me scared. How long should I depend on my mother?” I taunted,”I have no time for her.” I know her daughter was very cute little one. Once in a month I bought many chocolates and eatable items for her.
The other one was my office maid who came to prepare tea. Well, she was a Gujarati and so we became very good friends. As I wasn’t familiar with the city I came up early in the morning and sit near former Nizam’s shop (Where Prachi Desai was employed with, in OUATIM) in Fort. That maid’s schedule was very busy and so she came up early in multiple offices work. She was really a hard working lady and I respected her a lot.
I always have fun around me although my two directors never laughed. I am sure even laughing gas won’t work for them. Thank god I am away from them now. When my maid would come we all had funny moments with her. She was quite unhappy in her life as her husband had abandoned her seeking relationship with his girlfriend and also took the custody of her two children. She used my phone to call her two children and cried every time when she talked. But never ever complained about her husband. She was accepting everything what was happening. A lone woman was living with her mother near Juhu Chopati, pushing all the pains in her heart. Never showed she was worry. The worse moment came in her life when the girlfriend of her husband attacked her in her home when she was at home with her mother. I saw her sad face next day and asked her, “What happened?” She showed me the scratched over her body and said, “Look what that bi#@h has done.” She didn’t cry but asked me to do something. Like to find an NGO working for women. I was new to Mumbai and had no idea about the city and moreover, her husband was a psycho, so I was advised to stay away. I only told her to go to police, if she was scared; I requested to take me there with her. She neither went to police nor NGO, she direct consulted the CID, the CID ordered her husband either to leave his girlfriend and to take his wife home or to give divorce and reimburse her every month.

Scared husband took her at home. As he always doubted her, he made her leave all the work. She left all office and locked up in home. She knew her financial condition was very bad and had to carry on work but she had to leave everything. It was the last day when I saw her when she came with a little girl in office for payment. I was very busy that day, said, “Oh! How are you!! Nice to see you here. You came with little cutie. I would have bought chocolates for her if you had informed me. How is everything going on in life?” Sadly she said,”Nothing is good.” I could not chat more and she left office. I thought she will meet me someday in fort, but never did. Even today, I find her early morning whether I get a glimpse of her, but she never comes…

No comments:

Post a Comment