Thursday 26 September 2013

All good things to those who wait. But who waits and who gains?



                I believe the Mumbai Mirror as my best companion, except the column it publishes, Ask the Sexpert. Have you ever read it? I bet you will laugh reading those stupid questions. Pradeep is one of my morning local friends who showed me the captioned picture of the question today in his WatsApp, asked few days ago to the expert sexpert. It was asked by a boy. And the question was…

“I heard that something like citric acid prevents birth. Can I squeeze a lemon and pour the liquid in my girlfriend’s vagina before sex to prevent pregnancy?”

                I went out of control today morning and started laughing. Passengers started staring me with surprise! But still I kept laughing again. I am very loyal to the news paper, not because of the particular article Ask the Sexpert. I believe they all are imaginary questions raised by the answerer. I am very much addicted by the newspaper. Constantly keeping an eye on to the events taking place around the city. Good news hit my eyes today when I read about the Vashi GRP police nabbed a bag snatcher. Remember Aarti Gholapkar??? A 42 year old woman who succumbed to her injuries a month ago when a bag snatcher tried to pull her bag from moving local and she fell from the train, colliding her head with the electric pole, and went brain dead. She died within two days leaving her only 20 year old daughter behind. Now the criminal is under the custody of GRP railway police. The police are forced to make several changes after the incident of Aarti Gholapkar. They are feared whether the incident will be repeated and another Aarti Gholapkar loses her life. I believe they must be happy nabbing the culprit. Here is the rest about him.

                The man lives in a slum area. It has been almost a month since the incident has taken place. He stole Aarti’s mobile and didn’t switched on for a month fearing about the police. But he didn’t know that the police were still on a run to catch him. Yesterday when he switched on Aarti’s phone, the cops knew immediately and tracked the location. The team reached the location within no time and arrested the man and charged with a murder case. The man was surprised to be charged with murder and his statement was, “I haven’t killed anyone. I did not know the woman was died. I pulled her body because I was feared if she would run over by other train passing by near tracks. I stole mobile phone because I have no money. I had been searching for job here and there but couldn’t succeed. My six year old daughter was starving. I needed food for her & I promised her this would be my last robbery.”

                I remember the Mother Gothel from the animated Disney movie Tangled. Do you know her famous dialogue, “All good things to those who wait”? So here, who waited and who got the benefit? Did some patience of a man, whose daughter was starving, could survive him doing a robbery? Or the cops who waited and successfully nabbed him finally. Good thing to the cops, bad thing to the six year old daughter, bad thing for Aarti Gholapkar and worse thing for Aarti’s 20 year lone daughter. May god bless Aarti’s soul resting in peace and let’s pray for her 20 year old daughter who has to survive with immense struggle.

                “NOBODY WAITS AND NOBODY GAINS…..”

No comments:

Post a Comment