Saturday 7 September 2013

Guess Who is arriving in the city?

The biggest festival of Maharashtra, is just hours away. Yes! Ganpati Bappa is about to arrive in millions homes of the state. I am feeling very excited as it is my first Chaturthi with Mumbai city. I have already got some glimpse of the huge Ganesha idols while they were bought to the Pandals in late night. I have been invited at many places for rituals. I am also aware of the celebration being taken place at my hometown, Valsad. I have ordered special Adorable Ganpati printed Tee from EBay! I hope I will get it today. Moreover, I will be posting the pictures on my Facebook Page “Respect Women”

The city which has well known characteristic of “Bouncing Back”. I was very happy when I came out for office before I took my companion Mumbai Mirror. Yet again found a crime against woman in a Central Railways. The bag snatcher tried to snatch bag of 43 year old, office going woman while the train left the platform. The woman lost balance and fell into the high grass. Before falling from the train, her head collided with the electric pole that cause immediate bleeding. The culprits didn’t scare and took the unconscious woman inside toward the area covered with huge grass and looted the woman. The woman has been taken to hospital by her colleagues, commute in the same local where she has been declared brain dead. The doctor has told her condition very critical. She was living with her 20 year old daughter who had last conversation with mom, said, “Beta, Food has been prepared and kept in the fridge, you will not have to prepare dinner tonight.” Oh god! From which condition that girl must be suffering. I can just imagine and feel the pain.

Even she will have to bounce back in life. It’s Mumbai and the city teaches everything. I will keep that girl in my prayers. I hope her mom will get well soon. Apart from the eyes filled with tears, I moved on. I reached office 10 mins earlier. Remember Sachin? Yes that office guy gave me flowers and said, “Come On Chintan. It’s your turn today to worship office Ganesha.”

“Oh Yes! Thank you so much.” I immediately took my sandals off and completed the rituals. Ganpati Bapa matters a lot for Marathis, especially Mumbaikars. The 10 days festival is celebrated with lights, decoration, sweets (typical modaks) and worships. In Mumbai, not just these 10 days are important, but the god lives in their heart. A Mumbaikar never starts his day without taking his name. The god with a trunk is so important in their lives that they even believe, the Mumbai is ruled by himself. Protecting against the each calamity, saving lives and making their homes prosper. On good occasion, people gift the idol of Lord Ganesha considering the positive signature that will cause only good and will further be carried on. Even when the local departs, the people say loudly,” Ganpati Bappa Morya”

The God is actually beautiful with “Elephant Head”. And when the idols are created in various forms, the look more beautiful. The Ganesh Idols can be prepared in any form and it never insults the God. He may have Lord Shankar’s body and head belongs to his own, or he may have a cricketer’s body with his own head (Specially, the god of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar with jersey No 10). The most important thing about Ganesha is that it is being celebrated by all communities. The Salman Khan & Shah Rukh Khan highlight the festival in Mumbai more. Salman Khan will be celebrating his 12th  Ganesh Chaturthi at his farm house this year situated in Lonavala, a hill station just away from Bombay!

My Wish


Well I have special wish for Ganesha. I am demanding something very special this year and I know he never disappoints me. But before I demand something, I will be asking him to protect the women of the city. They have been targeted several times and being the news paper headlines for the same. It’s time when we need change in society. The women followers must be stopped and little girls which are targeted are no one but form of God himself. Then why are they being chased? I am feeling that sooner or later, it will be stopped forever. May be I won’t be here to see that but I am sure, one day the women in society will be much safer or safest.

No comments:

Post a Comment