Wednesday 11 September 2013

When I met my girlfriend.



The unpredictable city always brings a surprise. As I was planning to visit the Ganesha Pandals in the evening last night, I was very excited. It was 5:30 and suddenly it turned dark. I thought it wouldn't rain but it started slowly. It was 6 o'clock when I turned off my pc. And saw outside heavily raining!
It was not regular seasonal rain. It was lightning with terrible noise. Like the Varundev was playing DJ with Disco lights, laughing on poor Mumbaikars from sky and enjoying the rain falling in Southern Mumbai. It wasn't a normal evening as I was standing with couple of my female colleagues looking for a taxi. One by one, the staff came out and went away. Only three of us left. One of them said,"Chintan. Do something. Go and get a taxi anyhow."
So I went in the heavy rain to hunt the taxi. Either they were occupied or they were not stopping at all. I was running here and there. Many women were in a helpless situation and so as the women employed with the Reserve Bank of India, there was a huge number of people standing outside the office. Struggling for 20 minutes, I returned getting myself completely wet and stained. Both women went back to office and I decided to head towards the station as I was already spoiled. But I saw one of the lady, was quite scared due to the lightning. I could see the tension on her face as she was late too for home, normally she never gets late. So I decided to remain there until the situation would come under control. I was tensed if I lost 7:05 local, and the next Bhayander bound local I would get after 10 pm. So I went out to check the rain. It was quite slow still it was lightning a lot. I told madam that we could move ahead if she wanted. The rain was about to stop and we could easily reach station. She checked and agreed to come. So we went towards the station and the rain almost stopped for a while. The sky cleared but far, it was still lightning. 
As soon as we reached station, I saw 7:05 local was about to arrive on the platform. So I immediately said bye to madam, made her reached safely to her destination and ran towards my compartment, thinking Nileshbhai would definitely meet.
And here I saw her coming slowly towards my self. Yes, my only girlfriend in Mumbai. Tired with the busiest schedule of her full day workings, she too, was spoiled in the heavy rain. Yet she was looking gorgeous, her eyes were sparkling like led, the rain drops were coming through her head and spreading on her entire face…. <3  
She was no one but Vasai Local. And I consider it my girlfriend for my life. It is just a blessing by the Western Railway given to me. And also found Nileshbhai sitting beside me in a compartment. He is another well wisher of mine, an astrologer working at Masjid Bander based Chemical industry, who has also predicted my marriage by March 2014 (Not with Vasai Local). His typical feature of humouring makes me happier than ever. Last day, I brought the topic of commuters who don't get up after certain time in local and do not offer seat to the other commuters who are in need. I asked him why does it happen so? He calmly said,"Look Chintan. These all guys were “watch man” by profession in their last birth. So god told them while sending them in Mumbai, when they will find seat in local, the will not have to get up, even if the needy person approaches."
It was a funny answer that left me completely laughs. Thanks to Mumbai for making everyday memorable. Mumbai is nothing but a home far away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment