Saturday 21 September 2013

Next Station, Andheri.



Andheri is another place where you can see 24 hour human fair. People do not enjoy but remain busy in the streets or near the stations. If, you’re stopped, either you’re pushed or you may listen Maa Bahen, unless you’re a girl. You know towards women, men have such mentality. I believe. I was taking the Andheri bound local from Churchgate at 6:38. I was waiting for it on platform No 2 of the Churchgate premises. Far away, someone raised hands in the air on platform No 1. I saw my maternal uncle calling me to come there. He asked me in the sign language where I was going. Instead of shouting and being the object of an attraction, I raised my hand towards the large indicator showing “A- 6:38- S
               
                He knew where I was going. He along with my entire friends took 6:33 local and I caught 6:38. As soon as their local departed, he immediately called me,
“Chintan. Why are you going there? Come in 7:05 local, I am arranging for you what you are searching here and there. If you go Andheri, you will not able to come home due to rush.”

I said, “Anything for dad.”

He said,” Okay Chintan. Take care.”

                Dads are very important in life I must say. Sudden illness of my dad has made everyone worried. I believe it’s all because of the chaos that had created in past few years in my hometown Gujarat. It is worst place to live on earth. The people living there, their thinking, their mentality have been destroyed. And that is the only reason why dad has put himself in such condition deliberately, under the treatment of Mumbai based doctor whose advised medicine is unavailable in Gujarat nor I am able to find in any store based in Fort and even in the Byculla Pharmacy, one of the biggest chemists in Central suburbs. So I went to the place where my mom instructed. I got down and went towards the direction. I found them and later returned to the Andheri station.

                There was huge crowd outside the premises of the station. I bought a Vadapav to satisfy my empty stomach and headed towards platform No 8, where Vasai Bound train was arriving at 8:25. You know Vasai Local, my girlfriend, blah? I saw a man selling LALBAUG CHA RAJA’s idols in just 10 Rs which was lightning in the night and many people were gathered to buy it, saw an old blind lady playing harmonium and begging, few women selling vegetables and arguing with customers over bargain. Yeah Democracy! I saw huge crowd even on platform number 8 when I reached there and waited for it. When it arrived, people rushed into the local pushing everyone who was coming in their way. I aboard it last and stood near the door quite peacefully. Soon, it was jam packed. I thought I could not be able to get down in the Bhayander, but I made it easy again. I reached home but Pavitra Rishta was over. I was watching the stupid serial named Qubool Hai, a rubbish TV serial in the entire nation. Being away from Facebook, I accessed it last night whether any message was arrived. I was surprised to see one message was blinked.  It was from Pamela Sinha Mathur! She is no one but the author of the novel “Of Love and Lovers”. Well after reading the book, I left her message on her Facebook profile for giving her my compliment. And she thanked me for the same.

I got so happy that I even forgot how I was tired roaming here and there since the day before Visarjan. Being messaged by one of the biggest authors is quite big thing for me as they all are my idols!

No comments:

Post a Comment