Monday 30 September 2013

Everyday is a new day! Live with surprise!



                The early morning I found my maternal uncle with whom I headed towards the station. When we arrived and started climbing the bridge, he suddenly saw a local standing on 2nd platform. He said,” Hahaha! Chintan your train has arrived so early.”
I said, “Don’t worry. It’ll be empty enough.”
               
                When I started moving towards the local, I found it wasn’t mine. It was actually an extra  Churchgate bound fast local that was allotted for today! It was empty! When I saw it, the motorman whistled and started it. I ran towards it and caught the last coach of the local. Found a peaceful window seat and kept reading the Mumbai Mirror. There were few people in local and I was wondering whether it would go to Yards. Soon it reached Mira Road. Mira Road is another place of human fair where the biggest job is to catch a train and to alight from train. When they saw this local, they went mad seeing it empty. They were laughing, they went crazy. One of them said,” Oh yes! Come and have seat. It’s totally empty! Hey you, come down. Even window seats are empty!”
                Surprised commuters were happy to travel by sitting after a long time. Meanwhile the commuter sat in front of me said, “It is from Bhayander, isn’t it?” I replied,” Yes.”
                He said, “It’s a first occasion in the last 10 years when I have got seat here.”
                So sad! The people are used to the condition they’re living with. No worry, no complains and no excuses. The people of Mumbai are known to get themselves adjusted in any situation. Why not? Mumbai local is the example of it. The comments continued after Mira Road, Dahisar, Borivli & Andheri.

·         Is it Sunday?
·         No, Even Sundays have more commuters than today.
·         Is it a National Holiday?
·         Is there a curfew?
·         Was there any Blast?

I got a surprise on a comment when someone said, “Has the world ended already? This local is empty!”

No comments:

Post a Comment