Wednesday 18 September 2013

Pudhchya Varshi Lavkar Ya

Now it's time when we finally say 'bye' to the Lord with trunk. Obviously for this year. He will come next year with more joy and peace. Today is my holiday on Visarjan. Many MNC units have full working day today. My excitement for Ganesha wasn't over and last night I decided to visit more Pandals near my office. Meanwhile I sent SMS to Deepika. Asked her to meet in the evening time. As soon as I left office, I called her. She told me she would leave office around 6:30 and her mother had called her to come early to finish their last rituals in Pandal. You might think who is Deepika? Okay let me describe the lady with a diamond heart. If you have any doubt in mind about this girl, then you're a complete piece of crap. Yes. She is no one but god gifted daughter. I met her as my junior colleague in ex office. She was the simplest girl who never came out from her home until graduation. She doesn't like crowd, noise, food, chocolates, smartphones, western wardrobes. When she was selected she got doubt whether she could continue job or not. She lives near the reputed Sidhdhivinayak Temple in Dadar West, from where she completes the walking distance to Parel to survive from the huge crowd of Dadar! She doesn't know what is WhatApp, what is Facebook. When her phone rings, she annoys. If her mom calls she says,"Mummy. I am all right. Please don't keep calling me. I will throw this phone." For a couple of days, she commuted by ticket. She had pretty worrying face, confused, lack of self confidence was clearly seen on her face. Within the two days I assure her to make her a stronger girl in the city. I gave her enough energy and assured her to save from any trouble. And third day, finally she got a seasonal ticket from Dadar-CST. She came to me. She was a little girl but I always treated her with immense respect and love. 

I asked,"What happened Ma'am? Is there any problem?" She was the first girl who never called me with respect. Instead of an employee, she considered me as friend more. She always called me only "Chintan". That was the best thing for me. 

She said,"Look Chintan. I have got a season ticket from Dadar to CST." 

"Oh! ma'am I thought you were in trouble or something." I replied. 

She said,"No Chintan. This is the first time ever I have bought a season ticket. I have never commuted in locals before. You know I am so happy and excited today." I was seeing her with surprise and told her not to worry about anything. I was always there for her and she agreed for this job because of me as I was caring her like a child. Deepika is a pretty little girl with huge heart. I can not describe her in few words but I am feeling proud of her parents because they have got such a diamond like princess as their daughter. I bet you might find a girl like Deepika in the entire Mumbai city. God gave me an opportunity to treat her, make her strong, bring confidence in her soul and able to walk in the busy streets of Mumbai city. Today, I am successful doing it. She is always a blessed child, nothing can happen to her. That's my wish that one day, she will be a part of any government office like her dad. And she will do it I know. When I left that office, she gave me a piece of paper on which she had painted beautiful design. I always keep it with myself. I miss her but never call her because I know when her phone rings she annoys. And I really do not want to be the reason for the same. But she calls me often and taunts," Chintan, you forget me. You never call, everytime, I have to call you." 
So I was busy going into the Pandals and suddenly my phone rang,  

"Rangin parodh aavikhushiyo sang laaviharkhaye haiyu haayehaaye.." 

I saw Deepika was calling and said,"Chintan, I am on my way to CST. Please tell me where do I come?" I got sad as I was at the Bombay Stock Exchange. I told her to go to home as she was getting late. And I kept on visiting. The beautiful idols were to be immersed next day and the devotees were coming to see the lord with faith in their heart. I visited Fort cha Raja, Fort Cha Chintaharan Ganesha, Fashion Street Cha Raja. As it was the last day, the pandals were arranging various programmes in the night. Bhajan Mandlis, little children dance competition etc. I took 8:41 pm Virar bound slow local from Churchgate thinking that I could easily get down at the Bhayander station. But soon, there was huge crowd gathered. When the local reached Borivli, the people came in like a storm. Somehow I manage to go down towards the door and easily got down at 10:30. Again I was starving and I went to the well known hotel near station "Prashant". It was my first lone date in Mumbai after constant visits in Gurgaon based dhabas on NH 8 accompanied by Anil, my Delhi base friend. I ordered Paneer Masala and Tandoor Roti. Completing the dinner, I went towards home thinking that the biggest festive season is over. Even though he is going, but he will keep protecting the Mumbaikars, keep blessing them and make life of each person proper. People will keep watching the pictures, videos of their own Ganesha till the next year and faithfully pray the God. The people, the police, the politicians and the god have again successfully completed the festival today. Millions of devotees are going towards the "Chopati", will immerse their lord into the sea of Mumbai. The god will disappear in the waves of Mumbai sea. But will never disappear in our hearts which is saying, 

"Pudhchya Varshi Lavkar Ya" 

No comments:

Post a Comment