Thursday 5 September 2013

What Mumbai gave

I cannot forget the day when I went to see my god. Sachin Tendulkar. It was an IPL match between Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab in the Wankhede stadium. It was a Grand Stand of the stadium where VVIP guests were arriving. With us, Ameesha Patel was cheering for her local team. And here I saw the glimpse of him. Sachin Tendulkar, the man I am watching since a kid, the man whom I wanted to see once in a life. I was seeing him live! On the ground opening batting. Wankhede was turned into heaven. It was like I was sitting in it. The cheergirls were dancing like angels. The music was being played. "Ganpati Bappa morya" was followed by each six and four by the DJ.
This was the day after my life is suddenly changed. The very next day, my CFO called me who interviewed me 2 month ago and I left expectation of being called back. He said,"Chintan. Congratulations! You are selected. Come and take your appointment letter." Followed by my manager who said,"Chintanbhai. Come on. You are owned by us now. Welcome to our organisation." Was this the best day of my life? Or the previous day when I saw my God who was taking me in my dreams. Should I had to pinch? I was so happy!
I boarded Bhayander bound local today. As Andheri arrived, I got up and offered seat to an anonymous. As I got some new songs today in my cell phone, I was listening to them with ear plugs on. A little far, someone was raising his arms towards me and asking me to remove ear plugs. I saw he was Hardik, one of my local friend whom I respect from bottom of my heart. He was asking for water. I denied him that I didn't have water. Well later my eyes filled with tear. Today was the first day when I forgot my water bottle. Hardik is a guy for whom I believe he is a gift of god. I hardly can find humans like him. I only see him in evening local but eagerly wait for him. I shout daily when I get in, "Haaaaaaaaaaaardik....." even though he isn't available! He never asked me anything till day. But today he was obtaining fast and was badly asking for water and I couldn't provide him.
This is what city gave me.
"Love"
Just like family, the people have entered in my life from nowhere. I found my maternal uncle who takes my care a lot. Just like Hardik, i found Hiteshbhai and Sanjaybhai. They both are brothers and have great understandings. I love them both a lot. I know Sanjaybhai was asking me how to read my blogs, i am sure this one, he is also reading. Talking about Hiteshbhai, he makes me completely laugh. He hugs me like a dad when he meets, blesses me every time while leaving and much much more. My madam, Anna who just takes my care like a mom. Saves me from my mistakes and scolds me. Calls me "Bachcha" is the best thing that makes me pretty relaxed. My aunt who calls me immediately even if I get late by 5 minutes reaching home.
I was suffering from illness since many days and wasn't able to eat. I was staying away from food since a month. Sachin, a office boy who couldn't see me in this condition. Now he sits beside me and force me to eat. He gives his entire tiffin and orders to eat. Today I was accompanied by him towards the Churchgate. He doesn't know about my parent, nothing about my background. But I was amazed when I heard what he said. He said," Chintan, listen. You must get married now as you and your parents both need someone who can take the charge. I suggest you to marry a marathi girl because she knows better how to run a home. I am sure everything will be good in your life. Specially, your health."
I was amazed I was asking to my self or to the god," What is happening? Who is Sachin? Why is he saying all these?"
May be the city can answer,"Chintan, I am Mumbai, and you are living in city of dreams." Well, if this is a dream dear Mumbai, I request you to never ever break this dream. I love you and will always love you, more.

No comments:

Post a Comment