Friday 1 November 2013

Aali majhya ghari hi diwali...

            Last day at office, early morning the local was empty and I started journey towards office. One of a Gujarati uncle who is a fellow commuter alights at the Bandra, came to Churchgate to buy some stuff for the festival at the Fashions Street. I don't even know his name ever since I met but we have quite good relationships along with a Gujarati man who joins us, don't even his name too. I offered him to take breakfast with me at the Sahyadri hotel. He denied but I insisted again and took him there. We were having our breakfast and suddenly I saw couple of women wearing beautiful saree in a corner. They were my colleagues. I didn't call them as they were busy in a discussion; we preferred to take breakfast first. As we completed the breakfast, one of the Gujarati lady saw me and waved her hand indicating 'Hi'. In reply, I waved my hand indicating 'Bye'. Lol. And we head towards the Fashions Street. It was early morning and few shops were opened. The vendors were busy with their routine as today was a Dhanteras and maximum crowd was expected to arriving there.

            We were separated then and I reached my office and wishing everyone happy Diwali. Today, the program of Diwali celebration was arranged at 4 pm for which our employer had circulated notice last day requesting us to wear the traditional wardrobes. I am so lucky that living in both the cities of Mumbai and Delhi, I have been able to work with most traditional atmosphere than seeing nudity in the office premises. A 22 year old boy, my friend who works in a back office of the most reputed entertainment tv channel, often tells me how his female colleagues chose their wardrobes. Further he adds that sometimes he cannot even concentrate his work seeing them. Well in that case, I am very lucky. First at JMC, where Mr. NS Punia has well maintained his fortress at Sector 58, Noida and here Mr Ashwin Shah at Fort. Being pretty busy with work, my madam came and asked me,

" What's wrong with you today? You haven't spoken single word since morning."

In which I replied,"Reports! Those have made me quite busy."

            Everyone was waiting for the clock to turn 4 evening and they could celebrate the festival. As soon as it was 4, we all went to the basement which is our Mumbai Branch office, planned to play garba but no one had the Garba songs. Then we started playing Antakshari which is the most common thing while people gather somewhere and think how they can spend the time. Both Ashwinbhai and Mr Akash arrived and we all wished happy diwali to them. Ashwinbhai said,

"Happy Diwali Chintan."

I gently said,"Saal Mubarak Sir."


           
Celebration @ JAICO, Mumbai HO
It was fun and everyone had good time there. After lots of enjoyment we were given Pizzas which were ordered from the Pizza Hut followed by a Brownie which was quite heavier than the big Pizza. There were bottles a cold drinks where Bimalbhai (Who took me once at his home, remember?) insisted me to take Fanta. I denied immediately. He asked me the reason why I did so. I told him that I have great memories with Fanta back in Safdarjung Enclave and so I could not take this. I chose Thums Up and we came back from basement. Everyone was leaving office. Many were about to travel long distance in the holidays. They were wishing happy Diwali to each other and I was watching curiously. I saw Jyothi, a chennai branch accountant had wished me Happy Diwali on my official id and I replied her, shut my pc down amd stood near table. I saw my manager coming towards me very fast. I was scared suddenly watching him and he said,

"What are you doing here? Everyone has left, only two of us are remained. Hurry up. Pack the bags."

Saying this he hugged me and requested to leave. I was quite relaxed after a hug and took my bag and headed the Churchgate. With my maternal uncle, Sanjaybhai and Hiteshbhai I caught the Bhayandar bound local, of course with lots of laugh. Leaving maternal uncle in Indralok, I went to Krishna Palki taking his blessings. Tomorrow I will be leaving the city, going to home, spend some time with family till Tuesday. Diwali is just couple of days away followed by a Gujarati New year, which is the biggest festival of Gujaratis. As I have no interest in festivals after the death of that medical student, I will be either watching some movies, read books and will go to some isolated places where I will find much peace. I may be remember my childhood and so I have got the series of Baloo’s Tale Spin series along with Agnes’ Despicable me 2, Apocalypto along with Robin Sharma’s two titles “Mega Living” and “Who will cry when you die”.


            I wish you all the very happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year. May the festival of lights bring joy and more happiness in your life. With lots of love I leave you now, probably return with new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment