Monday 18 November 2013

What next for Wankhede? A temple without God



               
Wankhede, Mumbai
The ground which has witnessed our hero for the last 24 years, now it must be feeling lonely after his retirement, Wankhede of Mumbai, may not remain the same in future. Sachin Tendulkar who has confessed that it has been like a temple all over his life, we can see the pain in his heart. If you are a true fan of Sachin and you didn’t cry seeing him touching the pitch of the Wankhede Stadium while leaving for the final time, you don’t deserve to be a fan of him anymore. Early morning when I was reaching my office in Fort and when my local arrives at Marine Lines, I got up and go towards the west side door of local. Just to see the glimpse of the Wankhede Stadium. Because my heart rejoiced and said, “This is where Sachin plays. In ODI’s, tests, IPL and T20s. And this is where he will keep playing…..” But it ended on Saturday when I saw people crying in pain for Sachin’s retirement. I am sure, if anyone was on place of Sachin Tendulkar, no matter how strong his heart was, he would have definitely broken down while delivering the Farewell Speech. Sachin Tendulkar even managed himself very well seeing his wife Anjali Tendulkar and daughter Sara crying. He kept delivering the speech controlling all the emotions and showed no signal of tears.

                I believe if the stadium was live, it must have felt the same which the audiences were feeling, which Anjali was feeling and which we were feeling when Sachin was delivering farewell speech and it must have cried when Sachin bowed its pitch and took the blessing from it for giving him the honor in the last 24 years. It must be saying, “Please do not go Sachin. I am nothing without you.” Sachin, in the press conference held on the very next day told that he need some time to think on the future plans. I strongly believe in one way or another, Sachin will be a part of team India. If Mrs Nita Ambani hires him at any position is Mumbai Indians next year, I will definitely go to see him in his temple called the Wankhede. If I was the Wankhede, I would have definitely said him,

“Sachin….
Sachin…
Are you listening?
I am not your fan, friend, or your family member,
I am the one where you have played,
I am the one where Mumbaikars want to see you often,
I am the one which has played major role gaining the success in your life,
I am the one which has seen your best performances,
 Your weakest performances & even your injuries,
I am the one, who witnessed many victories,
I am the one who have seen many hearts disappointed after losing,
I am the one who have always been supportive,
I am the one where you won the World Cup
I am the one, who made your dream possible,
I am the one where you played your last test,
And I am the one, who is still crying in pain,
The moment when you left the ground,
The moment when you touched my pitch,
I wanted to hug you…
I wanted to say you something,
I wanted to confess the world…
Please Sachin, Do not leave me alone...
I am nothing without you,
Like a devotee is alone without a God,
I am alone without you,
For you I may be a temple,
But this temple is nothing without a God,
That is no one but you…”
 
Heart touching moment @ Wankhede as our God leaves it... Forever.

                The early morning when I saw Wankhede today, I felt it has lost its charm. It was not the same which I saw last week when Sachin was playing…

No comments:

Post a Comment