Saturday 30 November 2013

and the journey never ends...



                Standing in the middle of the Churchgate station of Platform No-3 accompanied by maternal uncle, I saw a girl standing between many men. Virar bound 6:22 PM local was about to arrive and I was staring her with a surprise. Obviously, I was thinking, “What is she doing?” As soon as the ladies compartment approached her, she jumps into it and catches a window seat. My mouth was opened and I was in no mood to express. This is the life of the busiest cities of the world, Mumbai. I dedicate this to the hard working women of Mumbai and I believe many of them are going through this condition. Salute to their strength and their desire to achieve dreams sacrificing themselves.


“My life starts before the sun rises and I wake up with a smile,
Mischievous cry of my baby refreshes my early morning,

I take it in my arms and kiss it with love,
My mom is truly a genius, who cares it well in my absence,

Even when I am not home,
She handles it very well,

I prepare myself to leave the home for office,
But I make sure everything is completed,

I have prepared my Tiffin,
Completed the worship,
 Took my cell phone,
 And took the charger,
Now making sure whether something is not missed…

Oh yes! I forgot the precious thing,
Bless of my day, the kiss from my beloved husband.

It gives me all day long energy,
So I never go down with a worry,

Running down to the auto stand,
I can see the long queue,

Moms are standing with children,
They are well prepared for school,

Old man waiting for his turn,
Hoping to get in earlier,

But possibility is pretty less,
When no single auto has been left,

It takes long time to reach station,
But I always feel happy with the situation,

At least I have won the first battle,
And I am ready for the next battle,

The local I catch has been missed,
Now I cannot board the next,

They will have occupied doors,
This won’t make me enter on its floor,

But I have to get in somehow,
Because I have to reach office on time anyhow,

Pushing, pushing & pushing the ladies,
I have got space enough for standing.

As the platforms arrived,
I was hardly being survived,

Few were getting down,
Many were coming inside

In a crowd I have been a paste,
I didn’t realize even when Dharavi came,

My perfumed clothes are stinking,
Towards the office I am running

Hard times of office make me forget my social life,
I forget I am neither a mother nor a loyal wife…

Like an executive I execute my work,
Always try to leave on time from work,

As soon as I prepare to leave,
My boss calls me and demand to sit,

So I leave my office quite late,
Again I run to catch the train.

No wonder Mumbai’s lifeline has been increased,
But other side, number of people has also increased.

I have to stand on the foot boards near the doors,
So that on my destination, I can easily get down & worry no more,

Here by struggling I get down to my destination,
Win the second last battle pretty easily without tension,

The biggest battle is yet to come,
As queue for auto is still to come,

There is no pity shown by auto men,
No wonder you’re pregnant or a handicapped,

I have my toughest times during the menstrual,
Waiting for an auto becomes even more dangerous.

A driver becomes a Godman when he agrees to come,
After begging for mercy, he allows me to come.

I reach home with a smile,
Thinking of my little angel in my mind,

The journey is not ended yet,
The domestic work is waiting for us,

From the executive I turn myself into a housewife,
Perform my duties and sit back for dinner on time.

It becomes the most peaceful moment of my day,
Being together, we spend the best time of my day.

My all day pain has been disappeared,
And I am ready to have sleep without any fear,

I know the next day is waiting,
I will be again preparing,

My life will start before the sun will rise,
And I will be waking up with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment