Saturday 16 November 2013

A tribute to the legend.. I miss you Sachin

                Chapter of the history is finally over as India conquers the series with 2-0 against West Indies in the Wankhede stadium, Mumbai. Well who was playing there? Only one man was, Sachin Tendulkar. The rest 21 were only spectators. It all started in my life when I was growing up as a kid. At that time, all TV sets went shut down if Sachin got out in a match. Obviously I heard only the name of Sachin Tendulkar then but not aware of his reputation. A normal evening when my father was watching a nail biting match in which India was chasing huge target and Sachin was batting. I suddenly said, “Next ball and Sachin is bowled.” As I said, the same happened. Sachin was bowled on the next delivery. My father started abusing me and firstly he kicked me hard and later beat me brutally. Further I was also not allowed to watch cricket. As the time changed my father started hating him and I started loving. From the day I was beaten and the day when I quarreled with my parents for not allowing me watch the match between CSK & MI in which CSK was losing. I lost my temper and ran away from home.

                14th November 2013 is even more important date in everyone’s life when Sachin has played his last game in the Wankhede (For me it’s a nothing but a temple of God). And I always wish we must do something that the world will remember his tribute to the world cricket. Our children should not ask us, Papa/Mummy, “Who was Sachin Tendulkar?”
Sachin after stunning innings of 74 @ Wankhede
Many people including me have been sentimental after the retirement of Master Blaster from the international cricket. Well the inning of 74 runs has been even more important in every fans life. Sachin Tendulkar ends his career in his best ever form leaving a single critic not to criticize about him. Sachin had brought tears in million eyes today saying a ‘bye’. I have ordered Sachin’s special T-shirt from his goodies which are being sold on a retail site. I hope I will be able to receive it. After all, Sachin Tendulkar is the only person who makes me feel proud of my country.


My pending application with Mantralay, Mumbai
I hope it won’t happen and Sachin will be remembered as I have wrote a request to the Maharashtra Chief Minister Shree Pruthviraj Chavan for honoring Sachin Tendulkar for his contribution to the world cricket. I have requested him to allot a calendar year as Sachin Day to celebrate every year. This is a childish act of mine but somehow I have got the confirmation from Maharashtra state Mantralay and they have forwarded my application to the related department.  Till then, I shall keep praying for my application to be accepted and my dream comes true.

                Emotions all around as Sachin retires from all formats of the game. People went crazy to catch the glimpse of the star as the 3rd day of the Test which was expected to be the last day of 5 days game play. 20,000 odd people gathered early morning to see their hero near the Wankhede Venue early morning of the third day. Many eyes had tears and so Sudhir too was sad. Sudhir is considered the biggest of the biggest fan of Sachin Tendulkar who has almost cheered every match of Sachin visiting the different venues all over the world. Sitting in a local, my eyes stuck on a large hording of Bandra last day where Reliance Communications (owned by Shree Anil Ambani) has given ad showing Sachin’s huge fan Sudhir and his spirit. Sudhir is looking very sad on the occasion when Sachin lost his wicket on 74 runs.
Emotions all around Sudhir
He might have thought that it was the last inning of his hero which had put India in to strong condition, and there were more to come, Kohli, Rohit, MSD, Ravichandran and the lower orders.

                As the venue was Mumbai, many celebs came to cheer Sachin Tendulkar in the Wankhede. We saw Aamir Khan, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Ashutosh Gowarikar, Aftab  Shivdasani with his fiancée, Superhero Krrish Hrithik Roshan, Maharashtra CM Pruthviraj Chavan, Mr Kapil Sibbal, Mr Prafull Shukla, Mumbai Indian owner Nita Ambani, Mr Rahul Gandhi etc. To cheer up in his last game, Sachin’s wife Anjali Tendulkar also had arrived who was stopped earlier entering the President’s Box and asked for a ticket. Well, if you are asking for ticket to her than you are the most stupid person of the world. Anjali deserves to enter each stadium of the world. Sachin’s kids were also arrived to cheer him up. Actually they aren’t any kids anymore as both Sara and Arjun have been pretty mature by their growth. Arjun, 14 remained on the boundary line to serve his dad while he was batting. At the age of 14, Sachin Tendulkar was too serving the Indian team as a ground boy before playing his first game. We could see the glimpse of his dad in Arjun Tendulkar. Apart from all the guests who were arrived including Anjali Tendulkar, daughter Sara Tendulkar and son Arjun Tendulkar, there was someone very important person of Sachin’s life who has blurred all big celeb’s presence in the stadium. An old lady headed towards the Wankhede to watch Sachin Tendulkar playing his last who was no one but Sachin’s mother (Aayi). Smt. Rajni,
Supermom Rajni with Superhero Krrish, Hrithik Roshan in Wankhede
came for the first time ever in her life to watch Sachin Tendulkar in his last test in the home ground. I cannot forget the column published by Shobaa De in Mumbai Mirror today describing his mother’s nature, was amazing to know her and the hidden truth about her personality.

                My sixth sense didn’t work this time as I was expecting the match to be ended on Sunday so that I could see the Farewell of master blaster. But it all ended on the third day. Well I will miss him a lot. I cannot imagine cricket without Sachin Tendulkar. For me, it’s all over I believe. Someone I like now is Rohit Sharma, belongs to the same city which Sachin does. I hope he will keep my hopes alive for cricket after retirement of Sachin Tendulkar. Now everyone is keen to know about Sachin and his life after retirement. I believe we should make him independent now. He was bound by unlimited expectation of people, fans, media, BCCI and his family. Now let him do what he wants. I wish him all the very best with my wet eyes. Like Shobhaa says, apart from the cricketer, Sachin is a good Son, good husband, nice brother and best father. Leaving you with his final words at the Wankhede Farewell (courtesy: Shruti Badjatia on Facebook)

Friends please settle down, I'll get more emotional! It's hard to believe my wonderful journey is coming to an end.  I've a list of names to thank. The first is my father, who passed away in 1999. Without his guidance I wouldn't be standing in front of you. He said 'chase your dreams, don't give up the path will be difficult.' I miss him today. My mom, I don't know how she managed a naughty child like me. She just prayed and prayed from the day I started playing the game. For four years I stayed with my uncle and aunt when in school, they treated me like their own son. My eldest brother Nitin doesn't like to talk, much but he said, whatever you do, I know you will give 100%. My first cricket bat was presented to me by my sister Savita. She still continues to fast while I bat. Ajit my brother - We have lived this dream together, he sacrificed his career for me, he took me to Achrekar sir first. Even last night he called me to discuss my dismissal. Even when I'm not playing we will still be discussing technique. If that hadn't happened, I would have been a lesser cricketer. "The most beautiful thing happened to me when I met Anjali in 1990.

Anjali cheering with HR in Wankhede for her husband
I know that being a doctor there was a big career in front of her. But she decides that I should continue playing and she took care of the children. Thanks for bearing with me for all the nonsense I've said (Anjali wipes tears). Then, the two precious diamonds of my life Sara and Arjun,
Sara-Arjun taking break from Dad's last game
I've missed out on several birthdays, holidays. I know for 14-16 years I've not spent enough time with you. But I promise you I will spend the next 16. "My in-laws - I've discussed several things with them. The most important thing they did was allow me to marry Anjali. In the last 24 years my friends have made terrific contributions. They have been with me while I was stressed. They have been with me even at 3am when I was injured. Thanks for being there for me. "My career started when I was 11. I was extremely delighted to see Achrekar sir in the stands. I used to ride on his scooter and play two matches a day. Sir took me along to make sure I played. On a lighter note, Sir never said 'well played' because he didn't want me to be complacent. You can push your luck now, Sir, since I'm not playing cricketer anymore. "I started my career here in Mumbai. I remember landing from NZ at 4am and playing a Ranji game the next day. The BCCI was fantastic from my debut. Thanks to the selectors. You were right with me making sure my treatment was taken care of. "Thanks to all the senior cricketers who have played with me. We see on the screen Rahul, VVS, Sourav, Anil who is not here. All the coaches, I know when MS presented the 200th Test cap, I had a message to the team - I said we are all so proud to be representing the nation. I hope to continue to serve the nation with dignity. I have full faith that you will serve the country in the right spirit. I will be failing in my duty if I didn't thank the doctors who have kept me fit. Given the injuries I have suffered. They have treated me in odd hours. My dear friend the late Mark Mascarenhas, I miss him. My current management team WSG, for continuing what Mark has done. Someone who has worked closely with me for 14 years is my friend Vinay Nayudu. "The media has backed me a lot, since my school days. Even today, thank you. Thanks to the photographers for capturing those moments. "I know my speech has become long. I want to thank people who have flown in from different parts of the world. I want to thank my fans from the bottom of my heart.
"Sachin, Sachin" which will reverberate in my ears till I stop breathing. Thank you very much. If I have missed out on saying something, I hope you understand. Goodbye.
In the safest Hands of MSD & Virat, Sachin says final bye to Cricket in Wankhede


I’ll be back with more updates. Nothing more I feel except crying…

No comments:

Post a Comment