Sunday 20 October 2013

Be a learner, not a boss.

            Weather has so much changed. It’s a sign of global warming that in the month of October, its feeling like a hot summer in Mumbai. Even in the night, the weather is hot as a heater. Last night, when we attended the reception ceremony at the Duttani Square in Vasai Road, we felt like an earthquake. We were having dinner in a banquette hall which was completely centralized air conditioned. One of my little sisters was scared too. Later we knew it was a multiplex at the second floor and by its huge noise, the floor was vibrating.

           
Be confident all around
We are living the toughest life nowadays, compromising with the weather and all conditions around us. We are students, professionals, managers, businessmen, working women etc. I am not including the people who kept drinking and lying on the footpaths of roads. They aren’t worried about their family what they will eat tonight. We all want success in life. And that is why we start dreaming. Our imaginations are very much important. At last, they decide what we will be after 5 years from now. It’s a simple exercise to achieve your dreams. Stay blessed and think positive. Most of us are working professionals and we have to maintain ourselves quite carefully. In the 5 years of my professional life, I have tested many things. The first boss would ask me to prepare tea and serve it to the guests; the second boss would ask me to prepare the oily assemblies. These are only couple of examples which do not make me feel uncomfortable. But they always remind me that I shouldn’t forget my days, including the manager of Vapi based jewelry show room who tried to prove that I was rapist only because I was coming from Delhi. I am not sad but I am very happy that some people have such cheap thinking and I denied him immediately even after assuring safety of all girls who were working there.

            In my years of experience in my professional life, I have learned a big thing that is about the boss. The boss isn’t a tiger sitting in a cabin. He is a human us. He has a family like us. He has emotions like us. When I joined my current organization JAICO (established in 1946 Mr. Jaman Shah before independence. “JAI” means victory and “CO” for company), I got four rounds of interviews. Even after those interviews, I didn’t receive call from them to join the firm. But I had a strong feeling if JAICO won’t, the other would fulfill my need. Mumbai would not disappoint me in any way. At the other side, at my previous employer, everyone were leaving job because of mental harassment. There were 5 CCTV cameras were installed and we were under surveillance constantly either on TV or on mobile phone. It was all suddenly changed when I saw my god, Sachin Tendulkar. I got my appointment letter at JAICO at the next day. When I left my last office, Taau said,”Chintan. I am losing very talented boy.” In which I replied, “Talent always finds its own way.”

            While joining JAICO, my CFO Mr. Patel said something that he was very important I believe. He said,” Chintan, Always be a learner, never a Boss.” It is said that there are no boundaries of learning in human’s life. The more you learn, the less you’re learned. These words are so important. Actually he indirectly told me how to behave in an organization. We should never be proud of our work & position, should not think we are superior. Remember, even a boss is a learner. And so he has been a boss. To reach at the top position, you will have to be learner first. Learn new things at your job place. Never deny for any new assignment, never delay in completion of it. This sentence will definitely help me in future whenever I will be stepping on to built my professional carrier.


            And most important thing that always have a smile on face while working. You will feel great. This is my personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment