Saturday 26 October 2013

Of Love & Lovers



                I had never ever preferred to read novels in life as I always liked those self-help books. Ever since I have known about books, I have been following, Shiv Khera, Rhonda Brayne and Robin Sharma. That weekend somehow I found the title of Pamela Sinha Mathur’s “Of Love & Lovers” and decided to read it. It was all new experience reading the story of girl Samantha who comes to Mumbai for studies.

                When I started reading the story, I slowly involved in all the characters created by Pamela in her novel. And later, it made me feel that I am watching a movie and each of the character has gone live in it. Pamela has exceptionally well narrated the city of Mumbai with those characters and expressed the true feeling of a girl through the main character Samantha. Sam (Samantha) teaches how to be strong in every condition of life, how to live in every mood we are trapped in, how to move on in life with a broken heart, and how to live life with full of joy when you will come to know that you aren’t alone and you are loved by many in the world. The biggest message I learned from her story is that if you lose your love, you don’t need to get surrounded by worries and think of the revenge. You have to move on and learn the lesson which life has taught you. It isn’t end. The character Sam goes through many situations in the dream city Mumbai, still she never loses hope and remains strong till the end, changes attitude towards her life and finally her life turns pretty smoother.
The Cover Page of  "Of love & Lovers"

                If I would have to say about the best moment in the book, I would definitely bring the situation when Sam returns to the Canada completing her studies in Mumbai. When Sam boards the plane and how she describes the city seeing below from the sky in the midnight, really makes me feel cry. I really appreciate the author Pamela Sinha Mathur for her book “Of Love & Lovers” that has certainly changed my vision towards novels. Every book has its own story and teaches you a lesson in a practical way (it may be frictional). But when you are involved in the book, you will definitely come to know you aren’t wasting your time. Pamela’s book “Of Love & Lovers” is one of the best stories and a must read title. If anyone wants it, please tell me, I will arrange to send the book. I always keep this book with myself. It has inspired me a lot and I really thank Pamela for writing this book. And thanks to the Facebook, I have been able to thank her personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment