Saturday 12 October 2013

Not Mumbai, A Mumbaikar makes it the second most honest city in the world

                Mumbai is full of surprises for me. I was sitting on my desk and one of my colleagues from Art Department came and asked,

“So, when are you coming at my home?”
               
He is Bimalbhai, working in JAICO for last 8 years. He doesn’t know more about me yet he likes me a lot. We often have good chat during spare time as he is a Gujarati. So I immediately replied to him,

“Today! I am coming today.” It’s Navratri and it’s the best time to watch Garba because I never play. In the evening we both headed together towards the Churchgate and he seriously asked me,” Chintan. Are you really coming?”

I said, “Yes.”

                So he called his wife and informed her that I am coming. Also he asked her to prepare food for me. I also requested him not add garlic in dinner as I do not like them. And we boarded on Virar bound local at 6:11 evening. It was full of commuters and I prepared my mind to go by standing up to Virar as beside me, a boyfriend was sitting taking her girlfriend in his arms. So there wasn’t any possibility to get a seat. We kept chatting and the local reached Kandivali. It was strange and that boyfriend stood up and offered his seat while his girlfriend was sitting. “Oh! God bless both! He offered me seat!” I thought. Meanwhile Biimalbhai pulled me from my seat and took me to his side and told everyone, “We wanna chat.”

                We reached Virar and walked towards his premises. He told about his daughter Krutika and showed the school where Mrs. Bimal was serving with. We reached his apartment where he lived on the 5th storey of A wing. I was welcomed by his wife, his little daughter and his mom & dad. We all were introduced to each other and had a long chat. As I am fond of food, Bhabhi had made Dhoklis, a typical Gujarati food and actually my favorite dish co incidentally! It was the first occasion to have this dish after my sister prepared for me in New Delhi on Sundays. It was almost one and half year ever since I ate it. First she served the Prasad which was bought by both her and Krutika from her school. She served the dish pouring oil on it and salad made of Onions and Tomatoes. It was very tasty and simple dish. Later she served vegetable fried rice. Their parents left for their Satsang program in east.

                Completing the dinner, we carry on chatting about half hour and I said, “Now I should leave.”

Bimalbhai said,” Where are you going? You are staying tonight with us. It’s very late now.”

I said, “So what Bimalbhai. I can manage myself. Mumbai isn’t that much cruel. I need to go. I cannot make you feel uncomfortable. If anything will happen, I will go to Jivdani Mata Mandir and sit there till morning.”

“That’s not the matter. We have aarti starting soon and playing Garba then. So you have to come with us.” Mrs. Bimal said.

                I agreed and later we went for Garba in the building premises. We sang many aartis and bhajans. Completing those, women started playing Garba. I saw little girls were crazy for Garba. Though they didn’t know how to play, they started along with their mammas. Mrs. Bimal, with immense stamina, started playing Garba at 10:30 o’clock and played till 12:30 AM continuously. We returned to flat at 12:30 and again chatted for an hour. I told Mrs. Bimal that she has immense energy and she played nice. She told me that when she was unmarried and living in Vadodara, she would start Garba at 12 O’clock night and continuously play till morning 6. I was exclaimed listening her and soon we all went asleep.


                I got the reservation ticket of Bandra Surat Intercity next day and so I peacefully ended my sleep. Mrs. Bimal woke up early morning and served me coffee with some biscuits and Farsan. Having that stuff, I thank them both for a beautiful moment spent with them and left their place. I really liked their place as even it is situated in Mumbai; it is quite peaceful, less noisy and beautiful atmosphere where cool breeze blows. The famous JIVDANI Mata’s temple is seen from their kitchen window which is quite luckier for them. I believe they are blessed by her. The family not only gave me love but also reminded me my sister, brother in law and little Jiya. It’s hard times to separate from our beloved every time when it comes to. My day was blessed by Mr. & Mrs. Bimalbhai and their princess daughter Krutika. 

No comments:

Post a Comment