Monday 28 October 2013

Mumbai on heat.

                Winter is the season for which I wait without having patience. The biggest festival of the year is just few days away, Diwali. But something is missing in the dream city Mumbai. This isn’t a normal Diwali. Few years ago, you might have seen an advertisement on TV, a mom calling her son, “Beta, sweater pehno.” It’s the best time for the marketing personals of sell their products for winter. It’s an official time when the winter should have arrived in the city but it hasn’t. Just a month ago, I was expecting the rain to go away from the city but it didn’t. Now the city is feeling like it is going through the summer. It’s 28th of October when the city should feel that pink cold in the early morning but it is too hot.

                The locals were running late today morning. Many people were suffering, and I was one of them. Although I got proper seat today but I was feeling the heat inside the local and the noise of the commuters were disturbing me. My last days head ache was not gone and my concentration while reading the Mumbai Mirror was too being lost. I saw outside the window that the sun had come out yet it wasn’t sun light. I thought it might be a fog which was starting the winter but when I came out of the Churchgate station, I saw the huge cloud had covered the western suburbs which had almost hid the sun. While walking towards the office having the supper of Meduvada at the Sahyadri, I was feeling the heat of summer. I was sweating, irritating and annoying in the Monday morning. I was running towards my office and waiting to sit in the air conditioned premises with my smile, helping my madam Ms Anna, along with the report which was to be made for my second senior boss Mr. Akash.  The early morning schedule was pretty tight that I couldn’t even get up from my chair till 12:30 when I got natures call. I took my lunch which came in tiffin and the problem had arisen immediately. It was 5 o’clock and I felt I was almost sick. It was six o’clock and I confirmed it was a food poison and uneasiness had trapped me in bad conditions.

                I came out from office and headed towards the Churchgate. As soon as I crossed DN Road, my health went worse. I, somehow manage to take a pill of Pudin Hara as vomit was about to come out. I thought I was not able to go in local. If I would vomit, everyone would blame me. But I left the thought and pour some confident in myself. I went over there thinking that Sanjaybhai, who makes me laugh a lot, would be there. He was there but he was sitting in Virar bound train. He was going Vasai and I found Hiteshbhai who slept as soon as Bombay central was crossed. Meanwhile I tried to sleep but my stomach was aching a lot and with the pain I reached Bhayander. It was all not over yet when there was no auto for Indralok Phase 3. The heat was on and I started walking with pain in my stomach.  The crowd was irritating me; the BEST buses horns were annoying me, and the people running fast to hug their wives, kiss their girlfriends/boyfriends, eat the dinner made of their mother’s hands were pushing me by the side. I reached home and ate nothing as I was still having stomach ache.

                I do believe in God and he takes revenge with me. He knows tomorrow is 29th when I stay away from food and he will definitely think that I won’t manage myself. But I will. With confidence I will start my day and end with healthy conditions. All I believe the sacred spirit of the girl who lost her life will protect me for whom; I have been fasting since December 2012.


Dear God, you may make Mumbai hot, make me weakest by poor health but you cannot stop me in my motives. I love you a lot, I trust you a lot but the other side, I will keep protesting you too. May be the world will forget the day, but I will never ever forget. My silent fight will win one day. Then you will see, people will see the sacred spirit of the girl will see and I will break these fasts. Now chill and bring some cool breeze in Mumbai. I know you are listening me and I know you will never disappoint me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment